Before Ayutthaya was completely destroyed by the Burmese invasion in 1767, Wat Phra Si Sanphet was the holiest temple on the site of the city's Royal Palace. Regarded as the most beautiful temple in what was then Thailand’s capital city, it was used as a model for Wat Phra Kaew in Bangkok.
Alamy licensing details
Reference no: 0054033
Location: Ayutthaya, Ayutthaya Province, Thailand