Standing in the grounds of Bang Pa-in Palace, Ho Withun Thasana, or the Sages' Tower, was built by King Chulalongkorn in 1881 to view the surrounding countryside. The palace complex dates back to the 17th century and was constructed for the Thai royal family as a summer residence. It eventually fell into a state of despair, before being restored by King Mongkut in the mid-18th century.
Alamy licensing details
Reference no: 0048117
Location: Bang Pa-in, Ayutthaya Province, Thailand