I live in the East Yorkshire market town of Hedon with my wife Liz.
My interest in photography began in 1992 with the purchase of a Praktica BMS, which was first used on a family holiday on the Norfolk Broads. This was eventually replaced with a Nikon F75 before I finally succumbed to the glossy ads and went digital in 2005 with the acquisition of a Nikon D100. My main photographic interests are nature, landscapes and travel, but like most photographers I'll shoot anything interesting that happens to come along.
My other interests include birdwatching, genealogy and listening to rock and classical music.
My kit includes:
- Nikon D300 camera body
- AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens
- AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 lens
- AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II lens
- Nikon SB-800 Speedlight
- Cokin P Series filters
- Gossen Digipro F light meter
- Slik Pro 700DX tripod
- Sandisk Ultra II and Sandisk Extreme III CompactFlash cards